STARTING FROM MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2016, IT IS MANDATORY TO SHOW AT THE ENTRY, A PRINTED COPY OF APPOINTMENT WITH NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION.
1. OPENING TIME IS Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 1pm, excluding Nigerian and British holidays;
2. DO NOT make travelling arrangement before you obtain your passport, which is usually 7 working days from the time you complete your biometric enrolment, and collection time is Monday to Friday 9.30am - 1pm excluding Nigerian and British holidays;
3. For security reasons, travelling bags, ARE NOT ALLOWED in the High Commission premises. You may wish to avail yourself of the LEFT LUGGAGE service rendered at the nearby Charing Cross station;
4. All telephone and electronic devices must be switched off at the point of entry;
5. ONLY applicants with PRINTED APPOINTMENT DATE will be allowed entry;
6. The High Commission reserves the right to refuse admission to applicants if they contravene these rules OR behave in an unruly manner to any member of staff;
CONDITIONS FOR RENEWING PASSPORT
7. Expired Passport after 5 years of issue;
8. Exhausted pages;
9. Change of Name by marriage, divorce, court order;
10. Loss, Misplaced or damaged passport;
11. You will need Yahoo or Google email, otherwise choose OpenID to register and continue with your application;
12. In case of a single applicant, the surname on the application MUST be the same on the Debit/Credit card and the card must be registered in the UK;
13 You can apply and pay ONCE for up to 5 applicants provided the surnames are the same and the Debit/Credit card holder is applying at the same time.
14. Where a family member does not bear the same surname as the cardholder, such applicant should make use of POS (point of sale) located at OIS Services Limited 56-57 Fleet street London EC4Y 1JU. Telephone number 02078320001 (nearest station is Blackfriars);
Under “Select a Passport Type”, Select “Standard ePassport”, Processing Country is United Kingdom, Issuing Office is London. Take time to read “NOTIFICATION”, Click on “Start Application”. You will be directed to a new platform called “INNOVATE 1”;
If already registered with yahoo or google email, Sign in now, OTHERWISE Click "OpenID" and follow instructionS to register. Take time to check your details are correct, and you answer mandatory questions marked with asterisk. Click "Submit". Continue with the application. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME INFORMATION IS RELEVANT TO NIGERIA. After completing the form, Click on: I accept full responsibility for information provided in this form. Click "Submit Application".
You will be allotted Application ID and Reference Number. These will also be sent to your registered email address.
Click "Print" to print a copy of your form.
NOTE: MINIMIZE THIS PAGE by clicking at the top right-hand corner of the screen to proceed to payment.
Then Click on “Continue Application” In case you close your application by mistake, you can still make payment. To do this, visit: innovate1services.com, Click on Login with your email details, OR see foot note for other methods of payment..
If you are applying for only one (1) applicant, Click “Proceed to Online Payment”
If you are applying for more than one person from the same family, continue with next family member's application, then, Click on "Proceed to Online Payment". (If for any reason you were unable to make payment, under the payment confirmation page, Click "POS" and proceed to OIS Services Limited for assistance. The address is: 56-57 Fleet Street, London. EC4Y 1JU. Tel. 0207 832 0001; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your payment is successful, you will see a page with the message: "Your Payment is Successful". Print Passport Acknowledgement Slip, and Passport Payment Slip.
APPOINTMENT BOOKING WITH NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION IS MANDATORY FROM MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2016:CLICK HERE. APPLICANTS WITHOUT A PRINTED COPY OF APPOINTMENT DATE WILL NOT BE ATTENDED TO.
In front of Application, Select “Passport”, enter your Application ID, Enter your Application Reference Number, then Click on Search Record. A new page will open.
Follow the step-by-step guide to complete payment.
Go back to Step 7.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
1. What are the procedures for issuance of Nigerian Passport?
Visit http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/passport-requirements, OR Video demonstration on: http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/uploads/news/E-passport%20Application%20Video.mp4;
2. Can I apply for self and family members at the same time?
Yes, you can apply and pay, using a UK debit/Credit card for a maximum of 5 of your family at the same time, and they must all bear the same surname;
3. How do I make payment for a family of more than 5 persons?
You must either go to OIS Services Limited, 56 - 57 Street EC4Y 1JU OR registar your payment card with Innovate. Visit www.innovate1services.com;
4. What are the most common mistakes made during payment?
i) Postcode gap. The PostCode must not have space in between. E.g. WC2N 5BX MUST be typed WC2N5BX.
ii) The names printed on the form MUST match the names printed on the payment card.
iii) When typing your full name on the payment page, do not press the space bar after typing the last letter. E.g. If name on payment card is Maxwell Brown, Do not press the space bar after typing letter 'n' which is the last letter of the surname;
5. I a Nigerian, just got married and need to change my surname to my husbands. Do I have to fill the online form with my husband's surname?
Yes. The name on your form is the name that will appear on your passport. However, note that change of name is strictly for women;
6. Do you have provision for a frequent traveller?
Yes, frequent travellers can apply for 64-page passport booklet;
7. What is the validity of the Nigerian Passport?
8. Can I endorse my child on my passport?
No, children can no longer be endorsed on passports, they must apply for their own;
9. My passport is with the Home Office. Can I apply for a new one?
If the passport is still valid, you cannot. If it has expired, you can apply as a Lost passport applicant;
10. I am applying for my first Nigerian Passport, Is consent letter from my parents compulsory?
No, if the applicant is an adult. Yes, If the applicant is a minor(under 18 years);
11. I am a single parent, and it is impossible to get both consent and Passport Data page of my spouse for my child, what can I do?
If you are a single parent, and the birth certificate of the child shows that status, you can apply with your own documents. If not, you must submit proof of custody from court;
12. Is it compulsory I bring my baby to the High Commission for his/her passport?
Yes, because no passport is processed by proxy;
13. I am unable to be physically present at the High Commission, because I am an applicant with special needs, is there any way you can help?
In exceptional circumstances, the High Commissioner may consider an approval of a mobile biometric enrolment, but in that case, applicant must apply to High Commission, attaching doctor's recommendation. Please forward your application to: The Immigration Attache', Nigeria High Commission, 9 Northumberland Avenue, London. WC2N 5BX. You may also send an email to email@example.com;
14. Can I pay for FAST TRACK?
No. Collection of passport is 7 working days after the biometric enrolment;
15. I am a foreigner married to a Nigerian, can I therefore apply for a Nigerian passport?
A: No. Eligibility to have Nigerian passport is by citizenship;
16. I am having difficulty to pay for my passport on-line. What can I do?
You are advised to contact OIS Services Limited, 56-57 Fleet Street, EC4Y 1JU, Tel: 020 7832 0001, 9am - 5pm;
17. Do I need 2 passport photograph?
No. Only If you are applying for Replacement of Lost or Misplaced Passport;
18. I have applied for my passport and obtained an interview date from Nigerian Immigration Service Website, Is that all I need?
No. You still need to book an appointment with Nigeria High Commission before coming. To book your appointment, visit, http://nhc.3tb.co/index.php ;
19. Do you have a list of Lost and Found Nigerian Passports?
Telephone Number for General Enquiries costs 0.10p per minute, Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more: 087 1221 0073;
Telephone Number for Visa and Consular costs 0.92p per minute, Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more: 091 1002 0004;Telephone number for Visa and Consular only. Costs 0.92p per minute, calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more. Fax: +(44) 20 7839 8746 (v0.9.7)