For Consular Services Online Payments, Please
Welfare DepartmentCUSTOMER SERVICES:
020 7930 8565
Requirements for Non-Impediment to Marry
- Proof of Divorce (Decree Absolute), if previously married
- Photocopy of Nigerian Passport
- Notarized Declaration of Non-impediment to marry
- Payment of £20 Service Charge AND £15 Processing Fee both in PostalOrder and payable to Nigeria High Commission London
- Proof of Impeding marriage
Letters of non-impediment are issued to Nigerian nationals seeking to either marry for the first time in Britain or to those who are seeking to remarry.
For those who have never been married, proof of permission to marry from the Home Office will be required with the rest of the requirements stated above.Click here to download requirements
Requirements for Pensioners Attestation Letters
Letters issued to Nigerians applying to be paid pensions in Nigeria.
- Photocopy of proof of leaving service (Certificate of retirement);
- Photocopy of Nigerian Passport;
- 2 Passport sized photographs;
- Photocopy of proof of address in England
Procedure for Renunciation of Nigerian Citizenship
- Any prospective applicant wishing to renounce his/her citizenship is hereby informed that the authority to approve renunciation or restore Nigerian citizenship is prerogative of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is clearly stated in Chapter III, 1-2 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It should be noted that the authority referred to in this paragraph is not transferable; hence all applicants should go back home and process their requests.
Requirements for Police criminal Check (From Nigeria)
In order to process your application, we will require that you present to us either by post through registered mail and self-addressed registered envelope or in person, the following documents:
- 3 copies of your Nigerian passport with detailed data
- 3 copies of the pages containing your current visa
- 3 passport sized photographs
- 3 copies of the data form (filled)
- Payment of £15.00 in postal order for the document, and £10 processing fee also in postal order payable to the Nigeria High commission
For authentication of Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates from Nigeria, service is charged at £20.00 in postal order per item, and £20.00 postal order as processing fee.
You can now pay for all our immigration services, instead of postal order
Student Registration Requirements
- Completed Registration Form;
- Photo-copies of applicants valid Nigeria Passport plus the page containing a valid UK student visa;
- One studio-taken passport photograph;
- Current letter of admission, indicating date of commencement and duration of course;
- Final Letter of acceptance indicating tuition fees and Maintenance, signed and stamped by the Registrar;
- Photocopies of Certificates acquired to date;
- NYSC Discharge Certificate / Exemption Certificate (for Graduate Student from Nigeria Only).
- Those on visitors' visa and British passport holders are not entitled to foreign exchange letters
- CASH OR CHEQUE PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE